TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What prescription drug of abuse is a "priority" in your area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What prescription drug of abuse is a "priority" in your area Login/Join 
posted
Hello

As a narcotics officer trying to think outside of the box, and trying to start a project, without getting into details on public internet, could the audience please advise

- What prescription drug of abuse (Oxy, Fentany) would you consider a priority for prosecution?

Thank You

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most popular with the kids in my area, xanax and hydrocodone by far.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hydrocodone, in it's many forms, wins, hands down. Adults, children, doesn't matter. We have a serious problem with prescription abuse and distribution of this drug in schools (stealing from a parent).

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did some research since my post, and Hydrocodone is the leading (far and away the leading) prescription drug drug ER overdose in Texas, per various "official" studies done in Texas by.

Now I need to formulate a action plan on this stuff.

Interesting to note that one website's date shows Hydrocodone as #2 prescription drug dispensed.

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/issue/pharmacy/2009/2009-05/RxFocusTop200Drugs-0509

Nobody has put one and one together on this stuff?

[This message was edited by Bill on 11-01-09 at .]

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you aware of the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators NADDI?

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Xanax, far and away. It seems like about half of the POM cases I get the marijuana is either in a half full Xanax bottle, or there are a handful of pills in the ziplock baggie with the marijuana.

Like peanut butter and jelly, those two.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post