TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Restitution for losses incurred from fraud
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restitution for losses incurred from fraud Login/Join 
posted
Had a Defendant cancel an ad for dance at a competitor's club. He called the local paper and asked that the ad have "Cancelled" printed on it. The owner recognzed his recorded voice and we subpoened his phone reords to show that the call came from his phone. We charged him with Fraudulent Use of ID information. He pled and my question concerns the restitution. Can I offer evidence regarding the expected profits that the owner had anticipated? The same Band and same club will have another dance between now and the Restitution hearing so they can put on some proof but I can't find any cases. I've told them that they will need to file a civil suit against the defendant. I have never done any civil litgation other than Oil and Gas and Title work. Can you even get restitution civilly for anticipated profits?

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post