TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Worst Reason for Parole
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst Reason for Parole Login/Join 
posted
N.Y. Man Who Raped Woman Is Denied Parole �

September 29, 2004 02:19 PM EDT �

ROCHESTER, N.Y. - A former nursing home aide imprisoned for raping a patient in a coma-like state nearly a decade ago was denied parole after he claimed he was only trying to help the woman, who later gave birth.

John Horace, 60, said he thought a pregnancy could awaken the woman, known publicly as Kathy, from her coma, according to parole transcripts.

"I thought that by doing this, if she came out of the coma ... she would have a normal life again," Horace said at a state Parole Board hearing earlier this month. He claimed he had read in a medical book how to impregnate a comatose woman to help her recover.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about parole for a defendant with who has following:
Theft-10 years
Burg hab-50 years
Burg hab-25 years
Burg Hab-25 years
theft-30 years
Burg Hab x7 - 50 years
burg bldg x 2 - 50 years

Total of 15 different cases began serving in 1993 and eligible in 8/7/98

How can we inform jurys about what really happens to these guys ??? 50 years = 5 ?????? Makes my juries furious when they hear or see one of he guys they've sentenced out on the streets.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prosecutors, I believe, have a special duty to see that the public is informed of these problems. It should be easy to get local media to do a story on such a problem. You pull the file, do a press release and get local media interested.

And then you forward the problem to your local legislator. Don't wait until the session starts. We have to build momentum now.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. For the first time in 9 1/2 years I recommended we shock a kid on a first degree dope case 5 months ago. He was to be granted parole before the 180 days ran....his lawyer brought him back a bit early. The sentence was 7 years.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post