TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Officer Lying to Prosecutor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officer Lying to Prosecutor Login/Join 
posted
Short and sweet, the scenario is investigators work a case on an assault. One of the initial responding officers, who is a friend of the defendant, contacts the prosecuting agency and tells them they need to drop the case because that's not the way it happened. Other than internal discipline from his agency, does anyone see any type of offense here?

Posts: 34 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an officer, on the witness stand at a retaliation trial years ago. He testified, then was crossed by the defense attorney who had a copy of the pc affidavit (which I didn't have unfortunately). The testimony at trial, and the affidavit times didn't match. I tried in vain to get him to admit he'd made a typo when filling out the affidavit. He wouldn't do so. I moved to dismiss the case mid-trial (the testimony didn't work). I gave him a chance to explain after trial, and he was truly afraid to admit that due to various good reasons. He wasn't trying to lie.

Did you give the officer a chance to explain?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post