TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    PROSECUTING A SHRINK FOR AN AFFAIR WITH A PATIENT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PROSECUTING A SHRINK FOR AN AFFAIR WITH A PATIENT Login/Join 
posted
I am prosecuting a psychiatrist for an affair he had with a patient who was being treated for sexual disfunction. Has anyone ever prosecuted one of these cases before? Ideas or suggestions on experts? Proving "exploiting emotional dependency?" Any ideas are appreciated.

email : bcorrigan@dallascounty.org
phone : 214-653-5151

thanks, Brian Corrigan

Posts: 10 | Location: Kaufman, Texas, USA | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a case where a psychologist told his patient (with a long history of sexual and physical abuse)that they should reinact her abuse with him playing the role of the abuser, and this would be helpful for her recovery. This went on for months. Finally she told another doctor, and then the police. He's been indicted for Sexual Assault. The complainant killed herself 2 months after he was indicted. I'm still prosecuting him. I'll e-mail you with more.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Kelly Siegler at Harris County DA. She has handled several of these cases.

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post