TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Rx list?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rx list? Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Q: In a prosecution for possession/delivery of a dangerous drug, how do you prove up the fact that the substance is a dangerous drug under H&SC 483.001(2)? Specifically, that it requires an Rx? Is there a list of non-scheduled dangerous drugs somewhere?

Inquiring minds want to know ....

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of sources online that contain information about drugs including generic and trade names, dosages, prescription information, etc. This first one is called MedLine, run by the National Institutes of Health, among other entities involved.

Another source is at an FDA website which has a variety of useful drug information links.

The Texas Dept of Health also has pharmacists that can help. I went to them when one of our Troopers arrested a man for possession of 1,000 grams of clenbuterol. TDH filled me in on this one--it's not legal in the U.S. except in minute amounts in a cough syrup made in Canada for use in equine pneumonia only. Very dangerous stuff.

Hope that helps.

Janette Ansolabehere

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past I have called a friendly pharmacist to testify that the drug requires an Rx. In Janette's example, it might be useful to also call a vet as well.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use Rxlist.com for info like Medline.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post