TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Wild Hair
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Hair Login/Join 
posted
Okay, I have handled my commissioner/judge problem, and have moved on to CPS.

We have several cases in which the mother has taken up with some man other than the father, and usually after CPS steps in. This new boyfriend is not before the court, but he is definitely a factor as to when and if the mother gets her kids back. Unfortunately, he has no standing to either plead himself into the case or be impleaded.

Out of curiosity, does anyone think it would be a good idea to amend the Family Code to allow CPS to join this type of person as a party so that they could be ordered to participate in services and undergo drug testing, etc.?

Just wondering.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally don't need anymore parties to my suit. We work on adding it to the mother's plan of service and often write a plan for this man as well. Voluntariness. Looks bad for mother than she has shacked up with yet another loser who won't go take a drug test, drug counseling won't go with her to parenting classes, won't go to couple's counseling for their most recent domestic voilence incident, etc. Yet another reason why we can't send the kids home even for weekend visits. Bad mother, bad mother. On the plus side, when he's positive for drugs...we'll have something to hold against him when she produces his child. Please don't give me anymore parties.

Posts: 1 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the loser doesnt agree to services then he shouldnt be made a part of the case.

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post