TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Financial Institution Contract
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Financial Institution Contract Login/Join 
posted
I was asked to approve a contract for the electronic transfer of funds - a form contract created by a national organization. It was drafted for a private corporation, so I made the usual minor changes - then it called for us to indemnify the bank. I added language about the constitution and laws of the state - and am now fighting the "but all the OTHER counties signed it" battle.

Has anyone approved this contract? How did you get past indemnification? Or...did the auditor and treasurer just slip it past you?

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have not signed such a contract, and we routinely edit out indemnification language from contracts on just the ground you describe.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Scott. When I start going up against these attorneys for national banking organizations, I remember I'm just a country lawyer....(no suspenders to snap, though!)

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post