TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Voting Machines - or "HAVA headache"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voting Machines - or "HAVA headache" Login/Join 
posted
My County Clerk has dropped a "Best Practices Guide" from the SOS office on purchasing / leasing the voting machines we have to have by '06. Has anyone else looked at this?

Apparently, some representative of the SOS is coming out in a couple of weeks to discuss funding and the like.

My commissioners are going to be asking about purchase or lease - and I will probably have the joy of creating the appropriate document(s). The Guide seems pretty good, as far as it goes.

Anyone have some of these forms? Experience with the vendors? I know we need to get on it, but - am not looking forward to the experience!

THanks, Lisa Eek

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa-

We (Lubbock County) are in the process of issuing an RFP for our HAVA-compliant voting system. Call me and I would be happy to discuss what we have gone through. (806) 775-1112.

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post