TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Seizure Notice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seizure Notice Login/Join 
posted
We seized funds from a bank account that was in the name of a general partnership. We filed our notice of seizure and then served citation on the individuals that form the partnership. We did not specifically serve the general partnership itself. Sixty days have passed since we filed. Must I serve the general partnership?

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It isn't really an entity, is it? I took Zanglein's BE class 14 or 15 years ago, so I just don't recall any more. Seems like service on all the general partners would be all the notice required.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to be right on that. They are the general partners and if they have notice then so does the partnership!

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CPRC Sect. 17.022 "Citation served on one member of a partnership authorizes a judgment against the partnership and the partner actually served." I think you are in good shape.

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post