TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Attorney Surety Bond Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attorney Surety Bond Question Login/Join 
posted
Hi, again! Here's the scenario as it's been described to me: defense attorney wants to set up a bond with a second person signing on to put up the collateral for the bond, rather than the attorney being directly responsible for the amount. Any thoughts on this in the context of Ch. 1704 of the Occupations Code? I've also gone through our local rules but nothing seems on point.

It seems to me that the attorney is trying to get out of being a surety by substituting someone (usually a relative) and their collateral. Is this permissible? Our bail bond board administrator has no idea on this one, and I'm pretty new to this gig, so any help is appreciated!

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another newbie here. I have visited this forum as a guest several times and thinking that this forum will help me. I am glad that I have decided to join your community and I know that you guys will be a lot of help to me as I learn more about attorneys. I hope that I will be able to help you guys here as well with a bit of knowledge. Have a good one.

tampa attorney

Posts: 1 | Location: san diego,cal,USA | Registered: July 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post