TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Updating SOB ordinance...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updating SOB ordinance... Login/Join 
posted
My county is holding an election today to go from dry to wet; being on I-20, US 84, AND Tx 70, we are likely to be a prime place for a SOB to come in.

Years ago, I drafted ...and the commissioners passed...a SOB ordinance. Is there anyone with recent experience on one of those that would be willing to look at it for me? I'm sure it needs updating...

Thanks

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ellis County updated their Ordinance several years ago and I gave a talk in 2008 (I think). We did hire an expert to educate the Court on the secondary affects of SOBs in areas. The Texas City Attorney's Association toward the end of last year released their most recent Texas study. Before, a lot of states had studies but not Texas. That report is available free online but beware it is lengthy. If you need our Ordinance, let me know and I can e-mail you.

Posts: 45 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: November 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post