TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Closing a county road - anyone have experience with this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Closing a county road - anyone have experience with this? Login/Join 
posted
If you do, please let me know. =)

John

Posts: 115 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John. Haven't seen you in a long time.

Look at TX Trans Code, section 251.051 for general authority of commissioners court to close, abandon, or vacate a public road. Must be a unanimous vote of comm court.

251,051 (c) and (d) restrict closure unless new road in place as a replacement.

Look at 251.057 for abandonment of county road.

Have someone there call me with your fax number and I can fax you Lisa Peterson's outline on "Old Roads Never Die."

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

I am still around. Cool

What is your phone number?

My fax is 432-524-5839

Thanks!

John

Posts: 115 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, my phone:

903-395-4400, ext. 236

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have LIsa Peterson's paper in MS WOrd saved. Send me your email and I'll send it to you.
Chad Cowan
ansontexas@hotmail.com

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm here. It is often helpful to approach this in a bit of a backwards manner, as "close", "vacate" and "abandon" are generally confused. If you close the road, there has to be an alternate route. You may prefer to abandon or vacate it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post