TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County Budget
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County Budget Login/Join 
posted
I have two new commissioners that are asking a lot of questions about what the County can expend funds for. I have no problem with them asking and trying to do the right thing but I was wondering if their is any type of manual, etc. put out by any agency that would be helpful in this area? Any help?

Posts: 47 | Location: Brenham, Texas | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Volumes 35, 36 and 36A of the Texas Practice Guide (authored by David Brooks) is a good place to start. The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) in Austin may also have something.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have David Brooks books but I have not tried TAC. Thanks for the idea

Posts: 47 | Location: Brenham, Texas | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have it in front of me, but there is a publication called Elected officials guide to ..... I believe it was published by the Office of rural affairs. I will be back in the office in a few days and can get you the details. It contains a listing of all laws that affect the Comm. Court(or at least that is what it claims) and is a pretty good reference for attempting to find authority for a proposed budget item. If you don't have it and want details email me: scurryca@snydertex.com
Mike Hartman
Scurry County Attorney

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post