TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    county ordinance for landing aircraft on county roads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

county ordinance for landing aircraft on county roads Login/Join 
posted
Transportation code 24.022 states "a commissioners court of a county may enact ordinances to ensure the safe use of county roads by aircraft." My commissioners want an ordinance pursuant to that section. Anyone know of a county that has created such an ordinance? In my mind some issues would be the size or type of aircraft, only hard top roads, the proper use of flagmen or some procedure for closing off the road and a half dozen other things I am not aware of.

Posts: 10 | Location: wharton,texas | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.

I'd have to tell my Commissioners that I needed to do some research, and get some training, before drafting regulations for allowing planes to land on County Roads. The International Civil Aviation Organization has seminar coming up next month. In Bali!

<a href="http://www.icao.int/Meetings/BaliRRSS/Pages/default.aspx">Runway Safety Seminar - Bali</a>

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to keep this one FROM my commissioners...don't want them getting ideas!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very funny guys. Lisa I think I'll contact your couny judge and tell him what a wonderful idea this is.

Posts: 10 | Location: wharton,texas | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post