TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Those pesky background checks...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those pesky background checks... Login/Join 
posted
My County Clerk is feeling overwhelmed, with the additional reporting of probates / guardianships, and some of the other stuff - - and these background checks from private entities. the requests don't come in the form of a normal open records request. Some clerks are telling her that she doesn't have to do these; others seem to be treating them as open records requests under that timetable.

What are the rest of you doing? Since the fax machine is in my office, I see many of these - -they are as plentiful as the crickets dropping from my ceiling... Roll Eyes

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just trying to suggest a title for the movie version of that. Oh my!

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wednesday, one fell into my first cup of coffee, then another into my suit while I ate lunch. Yesterday one dropped onto my keyboard while I worked...

Just think...no one did a background check on them...they just drop in and stay!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I lived in that world it meant you were getting a lot of rain. So that is a two way sword. Love the rain, hate the crickets.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post