TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Protective Order BIP classes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protective Order BIP classes Login/Join 
posted
I am interested in procedures and protocols used by DA/CA offices that prosecute protective orders. How often and under what circumstances to you file petitions or motions to enforce the requirement that a protective order respondent complete a Battering Intervention Prevention Program? If you have sample forms for the motion/petition to enforce by contempt and order I would appreciate seeing them.

Posts: 18 | Location: Bastrop, TX. USA | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We generally send a certified letter after BIPP lets us know the person has been dismissed ( or has never shown up even after several months) and let the person know that they could face a motion to enforce and the penalties attendant to that. We have had some luck in getting people to either re-enroll (or enroll) this way.

If they do not respond, or if they stop going a second time, then we file a motion for contempt. My email is currently down, but I will try to email you some forms when it becomes available.

In my experience, judges are glad to know that someone is enforcing their orders.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post