TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County Regulation of Subdivisions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County Regulation of Subdivisions Login/Join 
posted
All,

I was curious as to the types of regulations your commissioners impose on subdivision plat approval, construciton and maintenance standards, and related bonds. My review of the Local Government Code seems to lead me to the conclusion that mid to small sized counties don't have very much regulatory authority in these areas.

If some of you would be willing to share any knowledge you have or share any regluatory documents your counties use, it would be much appreciated.

[This message was edited by Bryce Perry on 07-06-07 at .]

Posts: 35 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX USA | Registered: May 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with your reading of mid- to small-sized county regulatory authority over platting and infrastructure requirements. I would love to forward to you what we have, but the truth is that we haven't had much in the way of subdivision development outside the ETJ of the City of Amarillo in our county. That's all happened in our neighbor to the South. Which may also explain why we rated so low on the per capita crime rate statistics JB posted on the "Leaded or Unleaded" thread over on the criminal forum.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kerr County updated our rules in 2006 and they are fairly comprehensive for a rural county. Please note that there are some chapter 232 changes from the current legislative session that we are currently adding. There are two ways to get a copy, either go to the county website or email our road and bridge dept at kcroads@co.kerr.tx.us and they will send you a copy.

Posts: 61 | Location: Kerrville, Tx | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bryce, I have e-mailed you a copy of the regulations that Colorado County has adopted.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post