TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Quitclaim from county?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quitclaim from county? Login/Join 
posted
OK, I think I can do this; can't I?

IN about 1924, land was deeded to the county for a school; later they added a little strip. In subsequent deeds (county to ISD to VFD to . . . )it is obvious that the intent was to deed the whole amount, but there is a little tag that a careful researcher could argue was not included. It is wholly landlocked, and has been used by the dominant land owner since about 1950.

Is there a problem doing a deed that basically says we don't thing we own it, we aren't interested in it, and we don't want to hear about it again?

THanks

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa
I don't see a problem especially if the Comm. Ct. finds that the conveyance was done to correct an error years ago. Perhaps a correction deed with quitclaim language in it would do the trick...
I would be comfortable with either as long as there was a finding by the Court, placed in the minutes, stating the reason they are taking action now.
But, what do I know!

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! As you know, when you practice in the proverbial boonies, a little support really helps!

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post