TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Employee Incentive Program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Employee Incentive Program Login/Join 
posted
Would like some feedback on what counties around the state may or may not be doing regarding employee incentives programs. It seems that every year around this time, the question is asked by many county employees, "Why don't we get Christmas bonuses?" The obvious answer is because it most likely would be constitutionally prohibited. However, it has led a few of my commissioners to ask what can be done legally to provide some incentive to employees. I know some counties have pay for performance plans that are very detailed and rely heavily on an objective and thorough performance review.

Are there any counties doing anything creative in this area?

Thanks.

Posts: 30 | Location: Rockwall, Texas USA | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a longevity program. I have argued against the way it is administered (1 check in December), but the incentive is a $5/month per year of service after 5 years...and it goes up from there. E-mail me if you want / need details.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We evaluated employees in October-November. Scores were awarded based on those evaluations. If your score was high enough, you got a portion of the 3% pfp in mid December as a lump amount. the remainder will be applied over the paychecks for the balance of the fiscal year, starting in January 2012. But no one is paid ahead of time. A quarter of the total raise is applied in that first quarter of the fiscal year. That is pretty close to how we did it this year. These types of plans need to be created in August, funded in the budget and the evaluations done before any potential money.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have/had a longevity program. (It's been discontinued for new employees but still exists for older ones.) And we do the PFP system for raises.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post