TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Bid or stay away?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bid or stay away? Login/Join 
posted
County bid road materials and awarded the bid for base material ....then purchased a substantial amount.....only one bid was received as usual for this material as there are llimited suppliers in the area. thereafter, a new "pit" opened that can supply the base material at a lower rate. can the county re-bid or will they have to wait until next year when road materials are once again submitted for bids?
Is the bidding for road materials a once a year endeavor?
the amounts of remainder material needed for the year will exceed the $50,000 threshold.
I assume they will have to wait until next year to bid it again.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it will depend largely on the language of the contract that resulted from the bidding. That is, does the contract spell out a specific term or timeframe, or is it more of a volume agreement? Generally, the County Purchasing Act concerns itself only with how the vendor is selected, not the length of the contractual term.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am told the new "pit" has D.O.T. approved material and the old one does not , so that may avoid the issue....go out for bids on DOT grade material so we can use the better stuff where needed and the old material when quality isnt an issue.
Amazing what happens when you get the whole story......

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post