TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    civil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

civil Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone dealt with the Moorish Nationals? I have a forfeiture case in which the respondents are Moorish Nationals. Like the Texas Republic defendants, they claim The State of Texas has no jurisdiction over them.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I thought Thomas Jefferson sent the Marines to "the shores of Tripoli" to put an end to those guys.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And - as I recall - the reception that they received was anything BUT civil...

On a more serious note - while I haven't had the pleasure of them in my court, I would think that dusting off the old ROT stuff would work...

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding of the Moorish Nationals is that, unlike ROT where they claim to be a citizen of another country, they're more like tax protesters who claim to be "sovereign citizens" and thus they can interpret the law and Constitution however they (eccentrically) want. Their particular spiel seems to be something along the lines of "if it ain't literally written out in the Constitution, it doesn't apply to me." Add in a little bit of demonstrably false history, cult figure worship of the founder, and a demand for reparations, and you've got the Moorish Nationals.

There's an article about them on the Rick Ross (an anti-cult) website: http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general770.html

I'd think that sovereign citizen and tax protester information would be more of a guide than ROT, but it all boils down to the same thing- you too, must follow the law.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post