TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Abandoned plow in HWY ROW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abandoned plow in HWY ROW Login/Join 
posted
We have a large farm implement that has been abandoned on the side of the state highway. It has been there for several weeks. It is barely clear of the road and the sheriff wants to remove it. I believe we have the authority to do so under TC 251.008(1). My question is what to do we do with it then?

We can't find the owner and it doesn't appear to have any identifying numbers on it. My guess is someone was hauling it to scrap or it is stolen or both. They smoked a wheel bearing and the wheel came off and caused some damage, so moving it a long distance without some repair is going to be difficult. I am guessing this is why no one has retrieved it yet.

Posts: 8 | Location: Briscoe County Texas | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it looks like it might have been a theft, CCP 47.01A might be a tool.

Posts: 10 | Location: Lubbock | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post