TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    SPCA "joint venture"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPCA "joint venture" Login/Join 
posted
We have recently received a proposal from SPCA to enter into a joint venture to build a animal shelter. I have certain concerns about legalities as well as the history of local governments and their contractual relationships with SPCA(ie problems leading to divorce--if you know what I mean) Does anyone have any suuggestions about legality of such arrangements or war stories to tell about such matters ? if you prefer,you may contact me at 972-825 5035
Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Ellis County | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee, you might want to contact the city of Austin. Several years ago (about 10 or so I think), Austin had a deal with the local SPCA to run the city animal shelter. They got a "divorce" and the SPCA now has its own shelter.

Janette

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post