TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Have $; lost victim...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have $; lost victim... Login/Join 
posted
We collect restitution on a lot of our juvenile and adult cases. Unfortunately, the victims are often folk who aren't real good about keeping us posted with a current address (something about blue warrants, and similar invitations) Roll Eyes

Once we have run every software, checked with DPS, TDCJ-ID, probation, parole, CPS, APS, death records and everyone we can think of - - what do we do with the money? We have a fair amount collected that has been held several years searching for the proper owner. What are y'all doing? Confused

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is the proper method, and I don't know what our office does, but I do know that the Texas Comptroller holds unclaimed assets - e.g., renter's deposits, refunds, etc. I'm thinking that the funds earmarked for restitution to a specific person/entity should be turned over to them.

Texas Comptroller - Unclaimed Assets

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you all start looking up your lost assets and actually maybe find something, I'll take 10% for the referral. Big Grin

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post