TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Sharing Office Space
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharing Office Space Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever come upon some authority that would prohibit office sharing within a courthouse? For example, the tax office and the county clerk sharing office space, or the county auditor sharing space with the district attorney?

I understand that such examples may not make sense as far as efficiency goes. There may also be problems with keeping some records secure within such offices. But, is anyone familiar with some authority on the subject?

Posts: 30 | Location: Rockwall, Texas USA | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it doesn't work with my teenage daughters.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any authority that precisely addresses your question. Without doing research, the authority I'm familiar with essentially sets out a balancing test that's assigned to the commissioners court: The commissioners court has discretionary control over the assignment of space within county facilities, but at the same time cannot exercise its discretion in a manner that prevents a county officer from carrying out his or her constitutional or statutory duties. The inter stices between the two is the stuff of political Kabuki.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott. That's what I had figured. This is a new issue for me, since I don't have teen-aged daughters. Gives me something to possibly look forward to...I guess.

Posts: 30 | Location: Rockwall, Texas USA | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post