TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    SB22 Money
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SB22 Money Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone received their SB22 money or even the grant agreement that has to be signed first?

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 26, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our understanding is that sheriffs may get theirs first, then prosecutors; and those grants agreements should hopefully go out by the end of the month, with the funds to follow a week or two after completion.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy to report that we signed our agreement this morning!

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 26, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been reviewing the contract that was signed with the State. I would like to add two people as victim assistance coordinators for my office in case one of them is out or unavailable. Has anyone heard if this is a problem with the SB22 funds? It specifically says that victim assistance coordinators can receive the funds, but is there a problem with having two of them or spreading that duty out over 2 employees?

Posts: 2 | Location: Graham, Texas, USA | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The latest word we have from the Comptroller's Office is that SB 22 funds may be used to hire as many new VACs to your staff as you want, but only one existing VAC may receive a salary supplement under SB 22. Therefore, if we correctly understand your question, designating a second existing staff member as a VAC will not entitle that person to receive a salary supplement through SB 22 funds, but you can hire a completely new person to fill that second VAC role.

Confused? Well, if you need a further explanation (and who wouldn't, because that doesn't jump out at you from a simple reading of the statute or rules, does it?), then you'll have to call me, it's too convoluted to type out here.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post