Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 42
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frog is a DW Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The parents of a 2-year-old boy who was crushed to death by a headstone at a funeral last week have filed a lawsuit against the Pearland cemetery.

Giovanni Rodriguez died Dec. 13 when police say a group of children may have been playing on the headstones at the Southpark Funeral Home-Cemetery-Crematory at 1310 North Main in Pearland.

The lawsuit alleges the funeral home operator was negligent for not making sure that the headstones were more stable.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddly, before I clicked the link, my first thought was, the scheme didn't kill Ponzi, he died broke and penniless in Rio De Janeiro after his serving a few years in jail for his postage coupon scam.

Someday I'll learn to shut out the voices in my head.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, it seems I'm not the only one with Internet access. Well played, Mr. Newell. Actually, you may have known about Charles Ponzi and the origins of the now-ubiquitous term, "Ponzi scheme," from your own spectacular store of knowledge at the intersection of the law and pop culture.

For those who, like me, are unabashed about throwing around the term "Ponzi scheme" because it makes you sound sort of like a federal prosecutor, but don't really know what it means, the origins of the concept can be gleaned here. It may even be accurate.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't take credit for knowing that off the top of my head, but I figured you'd just read the same article as me. Before I read that, I thought a Ponzi scheme meant riding around on a Yamaha and putting "-amundo" at the end of every sentence. Sorry. I mean, sentence-amundo.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 40-year-old southwest Missouri woman is accused of trying to kill her husband by spiking his tea with a half bottle of Visine eye drops.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Shoplifter gets run over twice by her getaway car

CAPE CORAL, Fla. (AP) -- Authorities are looking for a shoplifter who was run over twice by her getaway car after stealing $1,200 worth of designer purses from a Cape Coral store.

A report said the shoplifter tried to get into the vehicle but fell out and was run over by the car. She then got up and jumped onto the hood of the car. As the car was driving away, the report said the woman fell off and was run over again. On her third attempt, she finally made it into the vehicle.

Wire Story

[Ed.: maybe the six purses stuffed in her pants cushioned the blows]

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The boyfriend of a woman whose four children were burned with sulfuric acid turned himself in on Sunday at the Cooke County Sheriff�s Office.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Seven diners in northern Japan fell ill and three remained hospitalized today after eating blowfish testicles prepared in a restaurant not authorized to serve the poisonous delicacy.

Details.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
Can't take credit for knowing that off the top of my head, but I figured you'd just read the same article as me. Before I read that, I thought a Ponzi scheme meant riding around on a Yamaha and putting "-amundo" at the end of every sentence. Sorry. I mean, sentence-amundo.

Dude, that was a Harley

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but my dad had a Yamaha that looked a little like Fonzi's bike, so as far as I'm concerned, Fonzi rode a Yamaha. Oddly, my father refused my urgent requests that he try to jump is bike over lined up busses despite my assurances that a chicken stand would keep him from careening into the nearby pizza parlor. He also knew how to water ski and had a similar reaction to my requests that he try to jump a shark.

posted Hide Post
Ayyyyy! As a kid, you were wierd-amundo!

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know. Not much has changed.

posted Hide Post
You're not weird, just misunderstood.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A neighbor let Camorlinga use the phone to call the Fire Department. Less than five minutes later, Camorlinga said, her home exploded, shooting flames into the air and shattering neighbors' windows.

Details.

posted Hide Post
An Austin man has been accused of trying to choke his girlfriend with the cord of a Wii video game controller after she became angry that he had eaten all of her Girl Scout cookies, according to an arrest affidavit.

Details.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
An Austin man has been accused of trying to choke his girlfriend with the cord of a Wii video game controller

Don't you mean "Just keeping in Wiird?" Or maybe "Just keeping it wired?"