TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    IRS contact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IRS contact Login/Join 
posted
I need to speak with someone within the IRS today, but have had no luck finding a live body, just 800 numbers and recordings. Does anybody have a contact for someone in investigations? I have a money seizure that I probably want to clue the IRS to since the guy admits he has not filed tax returns in at least four years. I have a time constraint to deal with so quick help is welcome.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I do, Dan, when I can't get ahold of someone at an agency, is move up the ladder. You might call Wash. DC information, and ask for the phone number of the Sec'y of the Treasury, or if you don't want to go that high, ask for the Director of IRS. I doubt that you'll be put thru to a cabinet member, but eventually you'll find someone who knows a magic number to call.

Another alternative: if you know a real live FBI nor DEA special agent, they probably can find a number for IRS investigations.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I'd call the US Attorney's Office in Beaumont.
Or the Bankruptcy Court there.
I'll bet they know a good #.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's late, but call Special Agent Paul Duncan - Criminal Investigation Divison of the IRS at 281-721-8320.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. The IRS is a tough nut to crack. When you cold call, they act suspicious about how you got the number. We are, perhaps, making progress.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post