TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Witness in Federal Prison
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witness in Federal Prison Login/Join 
posted
We need to get a witness out of federal prison to testify on one of our cases. I have the paperwork for getting a defendant out of the federal pen, but don't have anything for the witness situation. Does anyone have the right set of documents?

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need a writ of habeas corpus ad testificandum -- I have one. tchamberlain@rockwallcountytexas.com

Posts: 23 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: October 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two defendants that have just been sentenced to fed pen time but are still in a local county jail. US Marshall says I have to file a writ in Fed Dist Court to get them for one day for plea hearing. Anyone have forms?

Posts: 62 | Location: Dumas, Texas | Registered: November 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got forms to get defendants out of the federal pen both to testify and to handle their cases. You've got one in state custody, so I think you just need a regular bench warrant. I can send you the federal forms, if you need them. However, I don't think they're applicable to your situation.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actualy my guy is not in state custody. He is being housed in the county jail for the US Marshalls pending transfere to the Federal Pen. I have forms to get them from the Federal Pen, but would like to get them before they ship out to avoid transportation costs. The Marshalls office says I have to file with the Federal District Judge before Marshalls can release then to the State.

Posts: 62 | Location: Dumas, Texas | Registered: November 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post