TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What Death Row needs is . . .

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Death Row needs is . . . Login/Join 
posted
According to Rep. Hodge, Death Row inmates are not getting to watch enough TV. (See HB 608 (Hodge, D-Dallas) permitting death row inmates to have access to television.) Now there's a popular position. I'm sure lots of folks are sitting around thinking, "Those poor capital murderers. They don't get to watch Wife Swap, or Dancing with the Stars, or even Prison Break. I think I'll write my state representative and complain." What if they HAD to watch some of these shows? Wouldn't that be cruel and unusual punishment?

What shows would you recommend for Death Row inmates?

[This message was edited by jane starnes on 01-19-07 at .]

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they should be required to watch HBO's OZ in its entirety. I think they would probably relate well.

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything with Tammy Faye.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can get the box set of InJustice.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How about making them watch Flavor-Flav? That is cruel and unusual. I always thought that the Flav would make a good candidate for Cortez Templeton, P.I.

Did Cortez wear big goofy looking clock necklaces around his neck? Just curious...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Have them watch the closed circuit feed from every legislative committee hearing. Suicides will follow.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
American Idol. Never watched it myself, but I hear anyone can audition.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
American Idol. Never watched it myself, but I hear anyone can audition.

I have actually never seen American Idol either, although several of my friends, otherwise filled with common sense and intelligence, are enthralled with it and watch it every week. From what I hear, it is as tortuous as the first season of Survivor, starring Richard Hatch.

How about showing inmates videos of victim impact statements and eulogies and such? Yes, I know, cruel and unusual punishment...

Next thing you know they'll be demanding the internet, and dial up just wouldn't be good enough.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Make them watch the A.P. & the L.I. video from S. Padre, specifically that gut-wrenching so-called melody known as "Dueling Banjos." Then flash Ned Beatty photos on their cell walls throughout the hours, along w/ the accompanying animal sounds made famous in Ned's now legendary role.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
After watching an endless Barney loop for 5 straight days this week during the "ice storm", I will volunteer to send TDCJ all my son's Barney videos.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, except for the video of the band. That's high art, not cruel and unusual punishment. Like Sylvester Stallone movies.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Start at season one and have them watch only the first fifty minutes (with commercials)of every other episode of 24.

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This thread has been closed due to inappropriate posts (which have been deleted).

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Report This Post