TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Topless Powerpoint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topless Powerpoint Login/Join 
posted
Erik, perhaps TDCAA should be screening presentations:

Lawmaker whose computer showed topless image to kids resigns
COLUMBUS, Ohio

The Ohio House Democratic leader says a state lawmaker whose computer displayed an image of a topless woman has resigned.

The image was projected after Rep. Matthew Barrett inserted a data memory stick into the computer for a lecture on how a bill becomes a law. The Democrat from Columbus was speaking in October to an American government class of about 20 high school students.

Barrett first said he didn't know how the image had become intermingled with his presentation. A later review by the State Highway Patrol found that the image had been downloaded by one of his children.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I just went to youtube and watched the video from Schoolhouse Rock on how a bill becomes a law, and I didn't see any topless women. I feel better now. It's still safe for kids. Smile

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another reason why you should always do a quick run-through on your presentations after arriving on site. As if computer crashes weren't enough to scare you off! Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean you're not supposed to . . . ?

. . . back to the drawing board.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought one of the first rules of presenting was to grab your audience's attention...

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, if he didn't generate the picture and the display was unintentional, why did he feel the need to resign? Surely, as a politician, he was less sensitive than that!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
A later review by the tate Highway Patrol found that the image had been downloaded by one of his children.

That kid is SO gonna get grounded!

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(apLI) The Southside High School got a scare today when Matt Barrett stormed into the English as a Third Language class and snatched his sophomore son from his desk. Before Mr. Slowoski, the substitute could react, Barrett had the younger Barrett in the hall, dressing him down, but good. A young Crip member who had just emerged from the restroom where he had enjoyed some vaporous refreshment overheard Matt yelling that young Barrett should have known better than to upload his father's stash onto the government computer. "You're 22 years old, for crying out loud!" shouted Matt. "That's why I got you cable, to keep you out of my stuff!"

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Topless Powerpoint
You got my full attention Wink

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't some tdcaa lecturer have a non-topless picture of Brittany S. in their powerpoint last year? Although the picture was "appropriate", well, nonetheless it was still of Brittany.

I can't seem to remember who that might be Big Grin, but at the time I remember thinking that the lecturer must REALLY like Brittany and her music and probably has posters of Brittany all over their home and office and probably has every cd Brittany has released in their collection and on their ipod. I thought I heard that lecturer telling some of the younger prosecutors at the seminar that his nickname was "K-FED".

Now who was that lecturer...?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did once use a photo of Britney and Madonna kissing, but it was totally in context with the presentation. Might want to check your spelling, GG.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guilty on the spelling, but since I'm not a fan of hers it's understandable.

And you were not the presenter I was thinking of, JB.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea who you're talking about.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
I have no idea who you're talking about.

I knew you wouldn't.

posted Hide Post
I suppose this talk about Britney Spears is supposed to make us forget about the original subject of this thread, eh? Razz

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post