TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    iPhone anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone anyone? Login/Join 
posted
I'm curious how many prosecutors are getting or using an iPhone?

I read a story recently on how a smart Apple laptop owner recovered her stolen laptop. She used the software that permits access to the computer from a remote location, turned on PhotoBooth (software on the laptop that uses the iSight camera) and took a remote picture of the person staring at her stolen laptop. She then looked at that photo and recognized the face from a recent party at her home. Took it to police and recovered her laptop. Very nice.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will, once it's not monopolized by AT&T.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an iPhone about 9 months ago and it is GREAT, especially being able to plug into a USB and automatically sync with my Outlook calendar and contacts. My wife is not a techo geek, but says she will never use anything else - she uses hers for e-mail, maps, alarm clock, and iPod. It is super easy to use and intuitive.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
I'm not going to get an iPhone until they are able to drive my car for me.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a colleague who uses one and really likes it. My blackberry is dying and I'm considering one, but my county doesn't believe they will support it, which might dissuade me. I like email on my phone. I did send the IT folks Apple's page showing that iPhone 2.0 is supposed to be Exchange compliant . . .

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cole:
I'm not going to get an iPhone until they are able to drive my car for me.

Smile Even if I someday get one, that made me laugh.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm gadget-challenged. Give me a pencil and a pocket calendar and I'm happy. Batteries are cheaper, too. My cell phone has been turned off for 95% of its life. That thing is for my convenience, not everyone else's.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post