TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New CCA blog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CCA blog Login/Join 
posted
R.J. MacReady, who I think made their online debut on this site, has a new blog devoted to the CCA. Just think, a thread hijack about mac and cheese gives birth to deep thinking.

http://www.txccablog.com/

I have a real good idea who it is, based upon the title of one of the posts, but that'll be my secret for now.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an excellent idea. I look forward to more.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although R.J. pays homage in his text to Judge Cochran's fascination with Sir Walter Raleigh, thankfully (and mercifully, I might add) there was absolutely no reference to Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, Alice in Wonderland or the dreaded "through the looking glass".

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.J. cool photo - Are you Cat Stephens (before his departure from the freeworld as we know it) ?

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But no, that's Kurt Russell from John Carpenter's The Thing.

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That movie still makes me shiver.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, Kurt Russell is Cat Stephens.
If he floats, he's a witch. Carrot for a nose or not. I think I've got it finally. Being enlightened is very pleasant.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, I dig that movie.

Second, a little colloquy from that flick comes to mind that handily describes some of the courts in which I've practiced:

Q. What is that?
A. I don't know, but it's weird and p***ed off.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking more generally about the irony of picking as a disguise the one "true" person in a movie where no one is who they seem.

But your quote is so much cooler.

posted Hide Post
If you have not done so, check out this site. It is informative and interesting.

RJ knows alot about something else other than Macaroni. Like the law.

A refreshing site that is missing the usual stilted and uncomfortable dicta about the law. RJ is an everyman. And it appears his dialog is very honest.

It's now part of my daily legal websurfing schedule. As a trial attorney, for me at times some of it is a bit deep, but we need deep guys telling us about the appellate world.

posted Hide Post
So, what has happened to R.J.? Will he/she be returning?

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.J. is notoriously hard to communicate with. I'll leave a chalk "X" on the planter near my front door step and await R.J.'s next email to me.

I heard a rumor, and just a rumor mind you, that RJ was working on becoming a NASCAR driver and hitting the circuit this next year.

posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, be sure to sign up for the weekly e-mail of TDCAA Case Summaries that include commentaries from mysterious and anonymous prosecutors around the state.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mysterious and anonymous prosecutors?
Mysterious, certainly!
Anonymous, hardly.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post