TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    manual strangulation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

manual strangulation Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know of a good resource book on strangulation and asphyxiation injuries?

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how helpful it might be, but I have a book entitled, "Scientific Evidence in Civil and Criminal Cases" by Moenssens et al that has a short, but fairly helpful section on Anoxia, Asphyxia etc. under causes of death, etc. They also refer to some articles they call helpful from medical and/or scientific journals. My book is a Fourth Edition and was printed by Foundation Press in 1995, there is probably a more recent edition out there if you are interested.

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an article called "How to Improve your Investigation and Strangulation Cases" by Gael B. Strack and Dr. George McClane.
It was mentioned in the 2002 Domestic Violence Newsletter that Harris County's Family Criminal Law Division put together.

Give them a call. I'm sure they would be glad to help.

Posts: 71 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. And thank you Jane Waters for faxing the articles and suggested witness questions! Cool

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post