TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Halloween Political Incorrectness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Political Incorrectness Login/Join 
posted
Who would have thought that "prosecutor" was a costume for Halloween? For evidence, click here.

[This message was edited by JB on 10-23-08 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sexy Defense Attorney is almost 20% cheaper

... and the Sexy Judge is the cheapest of all!

<insert your own joke here>

Roll Eyes

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB, I wonder about you sometimes... Razz

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Of course this defense lawyer is always in costume defense lawyer costume

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, thanks for the link. I think a little ditty like that will increase our DWI trial conviction percentages around here.

Posts: 8 | Location: Midland, TX, USA | Registered: August 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to shave my legs again this year.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I didn't create the costume or endorse it. I just pointed out that someone, somewhere, thinks that prosecutors are the sort of people who others like to dress up as. What does that say?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the proliferation of criminal costumes, I don't think it says anything particularly favorable. Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Halloween costumes were supposed to be, um . . . costumes? It's Halloween, not career day.

Is there really a market for a Sexy Adult Insurance Adjuster? Or a Sexy Adult Pharmaceutical Rep?

And going with this whole "sexy" occupational costume thing, is there a Hooters Girl costume? If so, does it have to be preceded by "Sexy Adult"? I mean doesn't that create some sort of costume feedback loop. Of course, when you think about it, "Unsexy Hooters Girl" might be more in keeping with the true evil spirit of Halloween.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly, a Hooters man outfit would be scarier. No pantyhose, hairy legs, um....I'll stop there.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Mr. Newell, for bringing this legal discussion back to reality. You make my point exactly. If the costume description somehow implied that prosecutors are frightening creatures, I might buy more into the notion that it is a true Halloween costume choice. Perhaps a face with a sneer and a dastardly mustache. Holding a ham sandwich. Anything to exaggerate the stereotype that pushes the costume angle. But, sexy? Where does that come from? Not that a woman can't be sexy and a prosecutor, but that isn't the stereotype, except on Law and Order, but those prosecutors generally get killed off after a couple of seasons.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
But, sexy? Where does that come from?

JB, I guess you missed the memo. ALL Halloween costumes for women -- and an increasingly shocking number of adolescent girls -- must now be some variant on a slut/whore/sleaze. If you doubt this, accompany your daughter to the local costume store and see for yourself.

Frown

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
Truly, a Hooters man outfit would be scarier. No pantyhose, hairy legs, um....I'll stop there.

I agree. Hooters Boy. Even scarier than Unsexy Adult Hooters Girl.

And on a larger note, they really should drop all the pretense and re-label each costume more honestly as Bachelor Party Stripper.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 10-24-08 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hot linked:

posted Hide Post
Now THAT'S scary.

posted Hide Post
The sexy prosecutor seems a bit more wholesome than the sexy defense atty., which is as it should be. And both attorneys appear to be far more wholesome than the sexy judge.

Our profession might not be having these PR problems if more offices adopted the uniform policy suggested in another thread a while back. Ken Sparks was looking around for some advice on an office dress code, and I believe the consensus was he should require his male prosecutors to dress in a variation of the Rhode Island State Police, while his female prosecutors should wear an airline stewardess uniform.

Maybe some techno-whiz can put a button on this thread to jump those interested back to that spot. I think everyone had to agree: prosecutors dressed like that would look pretty darn professional.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terry, I propose that you launch a pilot program on the prosecutor uniform front. Similar to your French Foreign Legion program which John Healey attributed to you many years ago in Fort Bend County, you could be the frontrunner, the trendsetter...in other words, you could show us how it is done.

Just think, prosecutors from all over the Great State of Texas could board buses on Terry's trial days and travel to his jurisdiction just to personally observe Terry in a Rhode Island Trooper-esque uniform adapted to be a Terry Breen prosecutor uniform.

Lead by example, Terry.

For those of you who don't know, rumor has it that defense attorney visitors to Terry when he was a Fort Bend ADA and who told Terry their client wished to join the military in some effort to abate or diminish criminal charges against their clients were given an application to join the French Foreign Legion. This is, of course, because the FFL will take recruits with any number of criminal convictions.

Tell us about it, Terry.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 10-25-08 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Royal Canadian Mounties

This is the thread in which it was suggested that the office dress code be modified. I do recall something about Rhode Island, but I didn't search for that since the photo was of the mounties. The 4th page of the thread begins with a picture of the flight attendants (no one calls them "stewardesses" anymore, Terry Wink)

posted Hide Post
Gretchen:

Those fellows are not R.C.M.Police, but Rhode Island State Police. Most of the state police up north have variations of that uniform. If you look up the R.I.S. Police website, you'd get the idea they are a real hard-charging, gung-ho outfit. They may police the dinkiest state in the union, but they sound like Texans.

Greg:

I really think this has to be an office-wide deal. Otherwise, if just one prosecutor shows up to court dressed like that, everyone thinks you never undressed from the Halloween Party you went to.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Judge Joe Dredd comic book character is a law enforcement officer of the future where uniformed Judges arrest, sentence and execute criminals.