TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Professional Services Bids
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Professional Services Bids Login/Join 
posted
I've been asked about a bid for professional services. A couple of members of the governing body do not want to be bound to the lowest bid (legal representation in a civil matter). I recall there is a rule / statute that exempts professional services from the lowest bidder rule -- can someone point me to the statute / rule? I'd appreciate the help.

LL

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under the Professional Services Procurement Act, found in chapter 2254 of the Government Code, bidding for professional services is prohibited. However, the PSPA does not include law as a "professional service." Thus, you probably are relegated to reliance upon section 262.024(a)(4) of the Local Government Code. Section 262.024 spells out the discretionary exemptions from the County Purchasing Act's overall requirement of bidding for any contract that will require an expenditure of $25,000 or more. Subsection (a)(4) exempts "a personal or professional service" from the bidding requirement if the commissioners court by order grants the exemption.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post